26 Ağustos 2007 Pazar

America - 1960

How `bout a tear for the year of 1960
I watched the fins of the Cadillac fall
I remember Dad explained about the Berlin Wall

How `bout a tear for the torment and the trouble
That was brewing in the Asian way
I wore a smile like the faces that surround L.A.

In the city of the lost and found
It`s hard to get a break
Hard to stop from getting turned around
And make the same mistakes

My reputation`s on the line
The final day of `59
But like the sun, just watch me shine
Today

How `bout a cheer for the piano virtuoso
I practiced 61 minutes a day
I could never reach the keys
But it was all OK

How `bout a cheer for the humour in my brother
That could brighten up the darkest nights
It`s just another sign of love
Whenever we would fight

It`s all the same twenty years ago
As it is right now
Like a tour at the closing show
When I take my bow

My reputation`s on the line
At the start of `79
But like the sun, just watch me shine
Today
I`ve played this part so many times
Since the end of `59
But like the sun, just watch me shine
Today

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder